Sunday, April 3, 2011

Connor Goes Camping

Loading up


As soon as we got there Connor was ready to go exploring. He headed down to the lake (right behind our campsite)


Connor was very interested in the water. For some reason he really wanted to fish, even though we've never even talked about fishing.


We went to Inks Lake SP and had a great campsite with plenty of rocks for Connor to climb on.

It wasn't long before Connor tripped and got a boo boo. It was actually worse than it looks in the picture. And of Course the one thing we forgot was a first aid kit. He protected that hand the rest of the trip, but he never complained.


After we got the tent set up Connor had to test it out for us.


After the campsite was set up we went for a hike. I was impressed with how well Connor kept up. I didn't have to carry him at all.


When we got back from our short hike we discovered a visitor had helped himself to some of our pretzels. Apparently he liked what he found because I couldn't walk away from the food for more than a minute without a squirrel trying to break into it.


Here's the dinner I made. Connor wasn't interested, so he ate the PB & J mom packed for him.


After dinner we had some more visitors - a group of 5 deer passed through the back of our campsite.


Learning how to roast the perfect marshmallow.



It looks like Connor needs more practice eating s'mores.


(Breakfast the next morning)
Connor got tired of me taking so many pictures.


After breakfast we broke camp and prepared for our big hike. I loaded Connor into a kid carrier and we hiked about 3.5 miles.



Apparently all the rugged terrain wore Connor out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...Cooper would be soooooo jealous! This is a must for us sometime very very soon!!!! Looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of the pictures. I could almost hear all of the conversations Connor would be having. He's such a sweet and smart little guy. I love the pictures...even if he was tired of Matt taking them. One day Connor will be so excited his daddy took the pictures of his first camping trip. Caron

    ReplyDelete