
Connor's big boy tractor!

The sun was so bright I could NOT get him to look at me. I was kind of surprised because this is the kid who LOVES the camera.


On the hayride - please ignore my goofy grin. It was hot & we were DONE!

A few weeks ago I saw this spider in the garage while I was moving things around. There isn't anything in the picture to give you an idea of it's size but it was about 4 inches end-to-end. I was loading Connor up to go somewhere but I did not like the idea of leaving this thing to make a home in my garage, so I buckled Connor into his seat and ran inside to get some bug spray. (That's when I saw the camera & decided I wanted evidence.) When I got back I sprayed as directly as I could from as far away as I could. That's when it happened. Spider babies came pouring out of this thing like the plague! There were literally thousands of them. And! They only died if they were sprayed after leaving the mom. The spray already in the air didn't seem to affect them at all. I probably went through the whole can of Raid trying to kill this horror. My heart was pounding and I had shivers for the rest of the day. (I've had a few since writing this down.) It was a nightmare I won't soon forget. Ugh!
Cute pictures of Connor. The spider is sick! You are very brave taking care of it yourself!
ReplyDeleteI HAD ONE OF THE SAME SPIDERS IN MY GARAGE TONIGHT TOO!!! I sprayed it with Simple Green (the only thing I had at hand that seemed like it might be deadly to a spider) and it dropped from it's perch on the door INTO MY HOME and quickly went to hide behind the dryer we're storing in our garage for the time being so I couldn't even smoosh it!!! My heart was beating really fast too! YUCK!
ReplyDeleteI tried to kill a similar spider with a shoe... and millions of litle babies started pouring out of it!!!! I definitely had bad dreams for a while, and I had that creepy feeling like there was something crawling on me! EWWWWWW!
ReplyDelete