Sunday, May 16, 2010

On the 8th day

Cameron is 8 days old today. I wasn't sure what to expect when he was born as far as how "attached" I would be. Some people say they can't even remember what it was like before baby #2 arrived - I can; and others say they wish they could go back - I don't. It is certainly harder. It was easier with just Connor. I know him. I know his routine, his likes & dislikes, how to comfort him and what he wants. He is able to communicate with me so well these days and it is wonderful.
BUT now there's Cameron. He is this tiny warm bundle that I could stare at for hours and adore cuddling with. He is cozy and continues to grow on me every day. I really miss a full night's sleep I will confess, but it is a price I'll pay. I am falling more and more in love with my baby every day.
The hardest part of this week has been time away from Connor. He is handling it all pretty well. Matt has been home pretty much all week and all the grandparents have been here, so he is getting lots of attention. I am occupied with Cameron quite a bit of the time though, so I am not getting Connor attention and I miss my boy! My sweet, funny, hugable boy. Matt keeps reminding me that he hasn't gone anywhere and that this time with Cameron is so important. I know he's right. My heart has enough love for both of them, I think I just fear not having the time to express all that love!
Anyway, these are the sentiments of a sleep deprived, hormonal new (again) mommy. Please forgive my gushing. I am so truly blessed and cannot tell God enough how grateful I am.

- Sorry there are no new pictures. We are currently without a camera & working to correct that as fast as we can!

1 comment:

  1. Well put! I can't imagine loving another baby as much as I love Cooper, but my mom keeps reassuring me that I will be able to! Congrats on your new addition! He's so handsome! Hope to see more new pics soon! = )

    ReplyDelete